Many people have asked recently where they should stay when they come for Kiteboarding 4 Cancer. Most of the hotels are booked, but don’t give up yet. There are some creative options for staying in the Gorge in the height of summer.
- Bobs Budget RV Park: showers, picnic tables lots of room; (541) 739-2559
- Lone Pine Motel: cheap camping; (541) 386-2601
- Peach Beach: riverfront camping east of Hood River about 45 minutes, picnic tables; (509) 773-4698 (longer drive!)
- Wind Mountain Resort: West of Hood River on the Washington side about 12 miles. Camping welcome, store and a great cafe! http://www.windmountainresort.com/ 541-490-7768
- Tucker County Park: great camping; (541) 386-4477 (5 miles from Hood River)
- Toll bridge County Park: (541) 352- 5522 (17 miles from Hood River)
- Hood River County Parks: (541) 386-6073
2. Bed & Breakfasts
• Oregon B&Bs: http://www.obbg.org/Hood-River-oregon-bed-breakfast.htm
• Hood River B&Bs: A hub for all the B&Bs in the area. http://www.gorgelodging.com
HR Vacation Rentals may also be able to help you. They are sponsors of KB4C and bend over backwards to try and get people into homes!!
Check these out and if you still can’t find anything, ask about my backyard!