Kiteboarding for Cancer invites artists of all mediums to submit entries for a city-wide exhibit in Hood River as part of our annual fundraiser. Read all about KB4C here.
Kiteboarding 4 Cancer is dedicated to harnessing the healing power of wind and water with the determination of the human spirit to benefit those affected by cancer through funding of advocacy, prevention, and survivorship programs. Kiteboarders race in a 6-hour Kite Derby endurance race along with other water sport events on the mighty Columbia River to raise funds for the cause of cancer.
KB4C 2010 is Saturday, July 10th and Sunday, July 11th, 2010. The art exhibit will take place in multiple venues throughout the Hood River area during the months of June and July.
Submission Guidelines: “The healing power of wind and water”
The piece(s) should incorporate some aspect of the exhibit theme: “The healing power of wind and water.”
- The exhibit is open to all 2-D media, from traditional to contemporary work, using a variety of techniques and imaginative interpretations.
Artists may enter up to 3 pieces of art for consideration.
- Submit one JPEG per entry via e-mail to email@example.com.
- Include the artist bio, description of works and retail sales price.
- Submission deadline is June 1, 2010.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance results by Saturday, June 4, 2010 via email.
- Accepted artwork must be exhibition-ready (Unframed art must have edges that are professional in appearance and staples cannot be visible. Hanging wire is required on all pieces) and delivered to the office of KB4C in Hood River by June 1 (9am – 4pm).
- Individual delivery arrangements prior to this date may also be made, including arrangement possibilities in Portland, Oregon.
Exhibit dates and location: June 12-July 11, 2010, various venues throughout Hood River.
Art Sale Details:
- All work must be for sale.
- 40% of the sale price will be retained by Kiteboarding 4 Cancer. Tax receipts will be made available.
- All (unsold) artwork must be picked up from Hood River on Sunday, July 11th between 4pm-7pm or Wednesday, July 13 between 9am-4pm, or alternative arrangements made to pick up in Portland, Oregon the weekend of July 17.
- The artist agrees that images of artwork may be used in publicity materials.
For additional information contact Kiteboarding 4 Cancer at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.kb4c.org.