There’s so much STUFF you could get someone for the holidays. ipods, chia pets, scarves, Wiis, socks and… well, more crap that takes up space. What if you gave someone the opportunity, after battling cancer, to rebuild their confidence, their identity and their life? What if that experience changed their life? Then inspired others to do the same?
We’re shouting out the impact of our survivorship program to the world. We’re done being modest. Athletes for Cancer is aiming to raise $50 K by January 1 for our Young Adult Surviviorship Programs and we need your help. If you would like to go ahead and donate, do so here. Or, read on more about the Program…
About the A4C Survivorship Camp Program
Athletes for Cancer creates life-changing experiences for young adult cancer fighters and survivors through outdoor adventure programs that challenge, support, and inspire individuals to rebuild their lives after cancer.
The A4C Survivorship Program brings survivors together in a safe, active setting for facing and embracing challenges, and connecting with other survivors while finding a common ground on the path to rebuilding life after cancer. Our current camps take place in Maui, Hawaii, integrating the rich ocean culture and adventures of surfing, standup paddling, and outrigger canoeing as channels toward life renewal.
The myth of Survivorship
Help us sustain and expand the impact of this program.
How you can contribute and be an agent of impact
- Give the gift of a donation (and the opportunity to help rebuild a life) in someone’s name. >
- Give the gift of an Athletes for Cancer Membership. Give a minimum donation of $250 to become an Athletes for Cancer Member. Recipient receives a shirt, sticker, invitations to special events and opportunities to be more involved.
- Refer a survivor you know to our program >
- Like our Facebook page (this is minor, but always helps get the word out!) >
If you would like to make an impact on this program, we ask that you DONATE now. If you would like to volunteer for one of our camps or events, apply here. Our volunteers are the meat of what we do! You’ll be contributing to an incredible program and it does feed the soul a bit too. 😉
- Sponsor one full camp: $25,000
- Sponsor one day of camp for all survivors: $3500
- Sponsor one survivor to attend camp: $2000
- Sponsor airfare for one survivor: $500-1000
- Sponsor one day of camp for a survivor: $270
- Sponsor 4-hours of adventure instruction, a key component in the program: $125
- Sponsor a one day surfboard rental: $30
Photos by Tracy Kraft Leboe