Our summer season includes a flurry of fundraising and outreach events including Kiteboarding 4 Cancer, Portland Rose Festival, and Paddle 4 Cancer. We are also further developing our cancer survivorship program, and fostering relationships with sponsors, survivors, and supporters across the country. We are seeking an intern for the summer to assist with a variety of marketing and administrative tasks as part of event and program planning.
• Assist with, and write, website & blog updates, Facebook & Twitter posts
• Assist with event planning including permits, logistics, sponsorships, and fundraising.
• Assist with donor communication and mailings
• Some graphic and layout work
• Self-directed, highly motivated and energetic
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Extremely beneficial, but not necessary: Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design background, knowledge of WordPress, Social Media Tools, and Google Docs
This is a part-time (about 15 hours/week), unpaid position but a great internship for a college student or someone looking to gain lots of experience and knowledge across a wide range of responsibilities and areas, especially in a high-energy, multi-faceted non-profit! Performance-dependent, the position may lead to a more permanent position with the organization. We work hard, play hard, and do good every day.
Please email a letter of interest, a one-page resume with relevant work experience and background to tonia (at) athletes4cancer.org. Thank you!